Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snapdragon Japanese Sesame Rice Noodle Soup Bowl

Made by:  Snapdragon Foods / Tabetai Inc. (Thailand)
Tools Required:  Hot Water, Spoon & Chopsticks
Snack Size (220 calories per package)
Price:  $1.79 (at World Market in Woodinville)
Rating:  ^_^

I mentioned to my sweetie this morning that I hadn't had any noodles since Wednesday, so she suggested I try one of my new bowls she bought for me while we are waiting for the football game to start.  (Go Seahawks!)

These "gourmet"-style noodles come in a paperboard box, which contains a plastic (not styrofoam) bowl with a clear lid, similar to a margarine tub.  Inside the bowl there are the translucent rice noodles, and three seasoning packets--a green one containing some dried veggie bits, and a peach-colored double-packet with powdered soup base in one side and a few drops of oil in the other.  The instructions say to empty the packets into the bowl, add hot water to the line, and let it stand covered for 3-5 minutes.  Quick and easy!

Upon removing the lid, I was greeted with a strong and appetizing aroma of sesame--it certainly smells good!  The noodles stayed very nicely al-dente, and plumped up a bit thicker than I had expected.  The veggie bits re-hydrated into recognizable pieces of carrot and sweet pepper, as well as a few green onion flecks.  The broth is very hearty and satisfying, but possibly just a little salty.  Overall, I really like this one!  Unfortunately, the small portion size and 'gourmet' price means that it will be more of an occasional treat rather than a frequent meal, but for today, I will give it a "happy happy Jessie" smiley rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment