Monday, January 17, 2011

Nissin Cup Noodles Hearty Chicken Flavor

Made by:  Nissin USA
Tools Required:  Hot Water, Chopsticks (or Fork)
Light Meal Size (300 calories per package)
Rating:  :)

(available online through Amazon.com)

Noodle day again!  We're staying with the domestic noodles again for today's lunch, with our first Cup Noodle, Nissin USA's Hearty Chicken flavor.  (I actually chose the side first, and then picked these for something that would go well with Spicy Nacho flavor Doritos.  Just a little insight into the way my mind works sometimes...)

As this is a domestic cup noodle, preparation is the height of convenience; all we have to do is lift the lid, fill with boiling water, and wait.  No messing with packets, no measuring anything... just add water!  So easy, even an American can do it. :P  Three minutes later, lunch is served!

I have to admit, I am not expecting anything amazing from these, although the creamy chicken and herb aroma is pleasant.  Maybe I am giving them a break based on lowered expectations, but I am very pleasantly surprised!  The noodles are wider than standard ramen, and they are much more tender and palatable than I expected.  The flavor of the broth is quite nice as well; it is nicely rich and savory, and the chicken and herb flavorings are well-balanced.  Unlike many cup-style noodles, there are no added vegetables like peas or corn, but the flavor is nice enough to support the noodles on its own.  Most importantly, they did in fact complement the Doritos quite nicely!  I would say these are an excellent value for the price, and I will definitely be getting more of this one.  Not bad at all! :)

1 comment: