Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Treasure Chest has Arrived!

I'm not sure I remember exactly how I became aware of this new "subscription box," but once I did, I knew I had to give The Ramen Box a try.  They are brand new, so I didn't have the benefit of seeing what prior boxes had in them to get an idea of the selection--I am in on the very first month!  So far all I know about the contents is that there is going to be two each of 3-4 types of instant noodles, and also that they asked me my t-shirt size a week ago.
So, in grand internet tradition, we are now going to do our first of at least six Unboxing Special entries.


Inside the box, there is the promised t-shirt and also a small 'The Ramen Box' button as this month's "extras," two package each of four types of noodles, and a tri-fold style informational leaflet which tells about this month's selections.  It seems May 2015 is Korean themed; we have the mild Ottogi Jin Ramen, the medium Paldo Cheese Ramyun, and the spicy Paldo Kokomen.  Finally, for something really different, they've included Ottogi's Ppushu Ppushu 'noodle snack' in BBQ Flavor, which is meant to be smashed up and eaten dry instead of being cooked.

The first box was mostly a hit for me; I've only had one of the four varieties included before, and I haven't reviewed any of them previously, a situation I will be rectifying over the next couple of weeks as time permits.  The t-shirt is just a little snug, but I was expecting that, and if I lose just a little more weight (maybe by eating more ramen and less pizza) then it will be perfect.  Overall, I feel like I got a good value and a fun experience; I'm looking forward to eating my way through this box, and I'm looking forward to the next one as well! ^_^

Update:  The products have now been reviewed:
Ottogi Jin Ramen Mild
Paldo Kokomen
Paldo Cheese Ramyun
Ottogi Ppushu Ppushu BBQ Flavor
All four got a positive rating; I know it's just the first month, but it makes me hopeful for the high quality of things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment