Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Souped-Up Review: Nissin Chow Noodles Cheddar Cheese, Taco version

Ingredients:
Nissin Chow Noodles Cheddar Cheese flavor (originally reviewed here)
leftover taco filling
chopped bell pepper

Rating:  Worthy Option

Here we go with another Souped-Up Review!  My sweetie and I had tacos last night, and there was some of this seasoned ground beef left over.  I also had some chopped bell peppers in the fridge, and a package of Cheddar Cheese Chow Noodles, which I said in my original review seemed "like the kind of thing that could become even better with a few added ingredients."  It sounds like a match!

I considered a few different ways of assembling this meal, but the method I settled on was to just dump the taco meat and a handful of bell pepper into the container before microwaving; my thought was that this way the flavors from the taco seasoning and peppers would have a chance to blend with the noodles better.  I microwaved for the normal five minute cooking time, and by the end of the cooking cycle the kitchen smelled strongly of bell pepper.  The noodles seem to be cooked properly, so I stir in the cheese flavor and get ready to taste!

The flavor is not exactly what I was expecting, but I like it.  The taco seasoning and pepper flavors are subdued--they seem to have blended with the cheese flavor and changed it from plain cheddar to more of a nacho cheese.  The result is (in my opinion) a pretty good rendition of a cheeseburger macaroni!  It probably isn't something that I would do to these every time, but I think it is a Worthy Option for a change of pace, as well as being a pretty good way to use up leftover taco filling.  Another successful experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment